At Colma Cremation & Funeral Service, we adhere to the Green Burial Council doctrine regarding ecological responsibility and sustainability when providing goods and services for death care. We offer eco-friendly green services and products for funerals, burials, and cremation.
To qualify for the Green Burial Council Certification, we:
- Do not offer or require embalming.
- Do require (and provide) refrigeration.
- Offer six service packages that include natural, eco-friendly products (including caskets and urns).
- Accommodate home vigils / viewings as well as services held in churches or cemetery chapels.
- Require our staff to work with the Green Burial Council and adhere to standards governing the technical, practical, and ethical issues of eco-friendly funeral and cremation practices.